Enzymes Spotlight: EssentialZyme, EssentialZyme-4, AllerZyme, DetoxZyme, MightyZyme
We've all heard how important digestive health is for overall wellness, and most recently more information has been discovered about how digestion affects immunity, mood and essentially all body systems. Because it's so important, we want to support digestion well and one way to do that daily is with enzyme supplements.
ENZYMES AT A GLANCE
- Enzymes are involved in all cellular functions in the body.
- Digestion – Enzymes break down food so that the body can digest it.
- Metabolism- Enzymes help properly metabolize the food so that the body can use the nutrients from the food.
- Respiration – Enzymes assist in getting oxygen where it is needed.
- Nutrient absorption and transportation – Enzymes help the nutrients get to where they are needed.
- Detoxification – Enzymes keep toxic sludge from building up in the body.
- Muscle movement – Enzymes assist in helping the brain communicate with the muscles.
- Hormone production – Enzymes assist in helping the body produce hormones that in turn keep the body functioning.
- Cell Repair – Enzymes assist in repairing cells which can lead to youthful skin.
- Cell division – Enzymes help keep cell division at a normal, healthy rate.
Enzymes are protein molecules that are manufactured by all plant and animal cells and are critical for our bodies to function. Enzymes allow the body’s cells to communicate well with each other, help keep cell growth, life and death under control (this is SO important!), are needed for more than 4,000 biochemical reactions in the body, and are responsible for every chemical reaction in our bodies. Also, enzymes are essential for our cells to build up and break down molecules in our bodies.
Young Living has five different enzyme supplements: EssentialZyme, EssentialZyme-4, AllerZyme, DetoxZyme, and MightyZyme. For more on each individual supplement including ingredients and suggested regimens, check out the Supplemental Field Guide.
EssentiaZyme-4 is an enzyme complex aids in the digestion of dietary fats, proteins, fiber, and carbohydrates.
ESSENTIALZYME-4 AT A GLANCE
- Utilizes dual targeted-release technology that releases the animal- and plant-based enzymes at separate times within the digestive tract for optimal nutrient absorption
- Formulated with a unique blend of herbal ingredients
- Infused with Ginger, Fennel, Tarragon, and Anise premium essential oils
The plant-based enzyme capsules contain a mix of enzymes that break down starch, protein, fat, carbohydrates, and minerals and are designed to release immediately upon entering the stomach, where the environment is conducive to the digestion of plant material. These capsules also contain bromelain and papain, plant-based enzymes from pineapple and papaya with wonderful health benefits, and they are infused with digestive-supporting essential oils.
The animal-based enzymes contain pancreatic enzymes, bee pollen and an essential oil blend that supports digestion and are designed to target release in the lower intestine region, where the environment is better suited for the digestion of animal fats and proteins.
TO USE Take 2 capsules (1 dual-dose blister pack) 2 times daily with the largest meals of the day (4 capsules total).
EssentialZyme is a multienzyme complex formulated to support and balance digestive health and stimulate overall enzyme activity and is best taken an hour before a meal. EssentialZyme contains tarragon, peppermint, anise, fennel, and clove essential oils that help improve enzyme activity, and support healthy pancreatic function.
ESSENTIALZYME AT A GLANCE
- Stimulates overall enzyme activity
- Supports and balances digestive health
- Supports healthy pancreatic function
- Assists the body in breaking down and digesting food
Essentialzyme contains a unique blend of enzymes such as pancrelipase and pancreatin that are known to assist the body in breaking down and digesting food, as well as Tarragon, Peppermint, Anise, Fennel, and Clove premium essential oils to improve overall enzyme activity and support healthy pancreatic function.
TO USE Take 1 dual time-release caplet 1 hour before your largest meal of the day for best results.
What is the difference between Essentialzyme-4 and Essentialzyme: Essentialzyme: a unique blend of enzymes such as pancrelipase and pancreatin that are known to assist the body in breaking down and digesting food, as well as Tarragon, Peppermint, Anise, Fennel, and Clove premium essential oils to improve overall enzyme activity and specifically support healthy pancreatic function. These enzymes are to be taken once a day before your largest meal.
Essentialzyme-4: a set of two dual enzyme capsules infused with Ginger, Fennel, Tarragon, and Anise premium essential oils. In combination, these two capsules aid in the digestion of dietary fats, proteins, fiber, and carbohydrates for optimal nutrient absorption. These enzymes are to be taken with your two largest meals of the day.
AllerZyme is a vegetarian enzyme complex that works with your body’s natural systems to promote normal digestive function. AllerZyme is specifically formulated for individuals with dietary and environmental sensitivities and helps provide relief of symptoms such as fullness, pressure, bloating, gas, pain, and/or minor cramping that may occur after eating.
ALLERZYME AT A GLANCE
- Vegetarian enzyme complex that promotes normal digestion
- Works with your body's natural system
- Provides relief of occasional symptoms such as fullness, pressure, bloating, gas, pain, and/or minor cramping that may occur after eating
- Contains plantain leaf, well known for its ability to calm digestive inflammation
- Infused with tarragon and ginger essential oils
Each ingredient in Allerzyme is gentle on the system while also playing a specific support role for nutrient absorption and digestive health. This formulation is specifically designed for vegetarian individuals and those with dietary and environmental sensitivities.
DetoxyZyme is a blend of enzymes and essential oils formulated to promote detoxification and cleansing, which helps support normal digestive function. DetoxZyme contains powerful essential oils like cumin, anise, and fennel that work synergistically with fast acting, powerful enzymes to help break down food and assimilate nutrients and help mitigate symptoms of digestive upset.
DETOXZYME AT A GLANCE
- Promotes detoxification and cleansing
- Vegetarian-friendly formula
- Helps provide relief fullness, pressure, bloating, gas, pain, and/or minor cramping
- Works synergistically with a cleansing program
- Helps the body get rid of toxins, parasites and yeast overgrowth
This formulation works to complete the digestive process, improve mineral absorption from food, improve gallbladder and liver function, prevent yeast overgrowth and detoxify the gastrointestinal tract. DetoxZyme includes enzymes similar to EssentialZyme and EssentialZyme-4, but the formulation in DetoxZyme is specifically geared toward detoxifying the digestive system.
KidScents MightyZyme is a chewable enzyme supplement designed to support and assist the digestive needs of growing bodies and the normal digestion of foods.
MIGHTYZYME AT A GLANCE
- Good for relief of fullness, pressure, bloating, gas, pain or minor cramping that may occur after eating
- Chewable enzyme tablet for children or adults
- Plant-based formula
- Suitable for children age 2 and older
- Contains peppermint essential oil to support healthy digestion
Enzymes are crucial to our health and digestion, and in an ideal world our foods would be rich in natural enzymes. Unfortunately the average diet and even the soil quality of our produce lead us to be sorely depleted in enzymes at an early age. Without these little workers, we are not assimilating the nutrients that we need, and we all know that growing bodies need those nutrients!