Between holiday gatherings, over-indulging, and fighting off the winter blues, we are reaching for these two products a lot right now - Believe essential oil blend & Digest & Cleanse capsules.
Believe essential oil blend is a combination of Idaho Grand Fir, Coriander, Bergamot, Frankincense, Idaho Blue Spruce, Ylang Ylang, and Geranium that is wonderful anytime of year and especially lovely during the winter months! This blend of tree oils is a favorite for feelings of faith, inner strength, and connection.
JUST A DROP OF BELIEVE
* Has a woodsy, refreshing, slightly floral aroma
* Includes wonderfully grounding tree oils
* Helps encourage feelings of faith, strength, and vitality
* Is a great way to get the benefits of tree oils in a blend
Idaho Grand Fir: This tree oil has a refreshing aroma that evokes the nostalgia of smelling a freshly cut Christmas tree. It is a grounding oil that is wonderful for meditation, the respiratory system, and has been used to support the immune system and healthy skin.
* Coriander: Coriander is a spice oil that contains antioxidants and may provide digestive support, immune support, and has cleansing properties.
* Bergamot: This citrus oil has an aroma that is both uplifting and calming, and it has cleansing and purifying properties.
* Frankincense: Frankincense has been used for over 3,000 years for many things - immune support, beauty and skincare, and emotional health.
* Idaho Blue Spruce: This tree oil soothes tired muscles when applied topically with massage, supports healthy testosterone levels, and has a grounding aroma.
* Ylang Ylang: This floral oil is traditionally known for its romantic appeal. It has a calming and balancing aroma that is uplifting, and it also promotes the appearance of healthy-looking skin and shiny hair.
* Geranium: This floral oil is commonly used in perfumes for its uplifting aroma, and it is incredible for skincare needs.
*Constituents are naturally occurring compounds in plants (and therefore essential oils) that give them specific health-supporting properties
* Beta pinene
* Alpha pinene
* Bornyl acetate
TREE OILS & EMOTIONS
Tree oils like spruce and fir contain alpha-pinene, a constituent that helps the mind and body reach a calming, peaceful environment. Tree oils are a wonderful tool for processing feelings of being unimportant, un-nurtured or disempowered.
Believe contains tree oils plus citrus and floral notes, and it is a great oil blend to reach for when you feel like you are comparing yourself to others, are feeling undervalued or as though your unique voice has no place. The alternate side to feeling unimportant is Empowerment. When we can rest secure in who we are then comparison melts away and our unique blend of magic can shine!
Read more about how to process and release emotions in this powerful book Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils (https://amzn.to/3F0us4N).
DAILY HABITS WITH BELIEVE
* Use as a personal fragrance. Apply to the wrists and neck liberally and frequently.
* Pair with Bergamot, Cypress or Shutran for a cologne.
* Make a perfume roller. To 10mL roller bottle add:
* 25 drops Believe
* 15 drops Tangerine
* 10 drops each Lavender, Vanilla
* Fill with carrier oil
* Make Scented Pinecone Fire Starters for your cozy winter home
* Yarn or twine
* Large, foraged pinecones from the yard
* Thieves Household Cleaner
* Believe essential oil
* Collect pine cones and lightly spritz them with diluted Thieves Household Cleaner to get rid of any unwanted pests. Allow to dry overnight.
* Wrap twine or yarn around the pinecones, all the way into the center weaving between the individual scales. You can use festive, colorful yarn for a fun twist or neutral yarn or twine.
* Drop 5 drops of essential oil onto the yarn/twine of each pinecone. Place in a basket beside the fireplace and add a few to the fire whenever you build one.
* Make an artificial holiday tree smell like the real thing with these simple hacks:
* Add to reed diffuser sticks and place in your tree
* Drop onto any porous ornaments
* Make a simple DIY Tree & Garland Spray and spritz on greenery as desired:
* To a 2 oz glass spray bottle (https://amzn.to/3Ivbrd6) add
* 30 drops Believe
* Optional: 15 drops Tangerine
* Splash witch hazel (https://amzn.to/36EXk6V)
* Fill with filtered water
* Make this incredible Gardener's Hand Salve for anyone who works with their hands.
* DIY Gardener's Hand Salve
* ½ cup cold pressed organic olive oil (or 1 cup if not using arnica oil)
* ½ cup organic arnica oil (https://amzn.to/3Gx2oYH)
* 1 Tbsp shea butter (https://amzn.to/3vTcLAT)
* 2 Tbsp unrefined extra virgin coconut oil (https://amzn.to/3jKC6Im)
* 3-4 Tbsp beeswax pastilles (https://amzn.to/3Guq9k8)
* 30 drops essential oils
* Using a double boiler, place several inches of water in the bottom and place a bowl or pan on top. Turn the heat to low-medium and add the olive oil, shea butter, coconut oil & beeswax and allow it to melt, stirring gently.
* Remove the bowl from the double boiler. Add Vitamin E oil and essential oils.
* Allow the mixture to sit for a few minutes to cool but not harden, then pour into the small containers.
* Essential oils to add for a masculine scent: Sandalwood, Vetiver, Idaho Blue Spruce
* Make a simple cuticle oil! This also makes a great gift and pairs well with the Gardener's Hand Salve:
* DIY Roll-on Cuticle Oil
* 1½ teaspoons V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex
* 10 drops Believe essential oil
* 5 drops Frankincense essential oil
* Add all the above to an empty 15 ml essential oil bottle and add an AromaGlide Roller Fitment. Roll onto your cuticles anytime, anywhere.
* Take a relaxing epsom salt bath with Believe. Add 20 drops to 1 cup epsom salt and soak in warm water.
* Make these Detox Bath Salts:
* 1 cup magnesium flakes (https://amzn.to/3mzayHm)
* ½ cup Epsom Salt (https://amzn.to/3oZDTfi)
* 20 drops Believe
* 10 drops Lavender
* Optional: 10 drops Frankincense essential oil
* Optional: dried lavender, rose buds, rosemary
* Add to a glass jar and mix well. If gifting or storing add ¼ cup baking soda or Himalayan salt to help prevent clumping.
* Add 5 drops to a large handful of massage oil and apply to the skin to relax tired muscles. Or whip up a DIY Massage Oil:
* 4oz pump bottle (https://amzn.to/3z4s4IF)
* 20 drops Believe essential oil
* 10 drops Peppermint essential oil
* 10 drops Cypress essential oil
* Carrier of choice
* Use to make any of the DIY Cleaning Recipes below or mix it with Lemon or Thieves.
* Make a DIY Mattress & Linen Spray to use every time you make the bed or change the sheets
* To an 8oz glass spray bottle add:
* 1 tsp Thieves Household Cleaner
* 20 drops Believe
* 10 drops each Tangerine, Lavender
* Fill with distilled water and invert to gently mix.
* Make DIY Scented Sachets to bring a fresh, spa-inspired aroma to any area of your home.
* ½ cup Organic uncooked rice (https://amzn.to/3etzXBq)
* ¼ cup Epsom Salt (https://amzn.to/3oZDTfi)
* 1 cup Dried lavender buds (https://amzn.to/3x1mgjl)
* Muslin cotton drawstring pouches, approximately 5 inches long by 4 inches wide
* 20 drops each Lavender, Believe essential oil
* 10 drops Sage essential oil
* 1. In a medium bowl, mix rice, Epsom salt, flower buds, and essential oil to thoroughly scent the mixture.
* 2. Spoon mixture into your muslin pouch.
* 3. Place anywhere you want to add a fresh lavender scent.
* 4. Refresh your pouch every 2-3 weeks by opening it up and adding more drops of essential oil
* Make a DIY Carpet & Rug Freshener
* To an airtight glass jar (https://amzn.to/3spjSkF) add:
* 1 cup Baking Soda (https://amzn.to/3ENjakJ)
* ½ cup Fine Sea Salt (https://amzn.to/3p1Gi9s)
* 15-20 drops each Believe, Lavender
* Mix well. When ready to use, sprinkle over carpets and let sit for 10 minutes before vacuuming.
* Use this oil blend to make DIY Beeswax Candles to fill your home with warmth - and make a few for your friends and neighbors!
* Check out the DIY Beeswax Candles resource for all the details!
Diffusing is a wonderful health habit! We have our diffuser going almost 24/7 and love to choose blends that are supportive of individual needs or systems. Try some of these great combinations and enjoy the grounding, fresh scent of Believe!
* Enchanted Forest: 5 drops Believe, 3 drops Tangerine, 2 drops each Cedarwood, Vanilla
* Good Vibes: 3 drops each Believe, Tangerine, Sage, Lavender
* Cozy Home: 4 drops Believe, 3 drops each Christmas Spirit, Vanilla
DIGEST & CLEANSE
Digest & Cleanse is one of our favorite daily tools for digestive health! This essential oil based supplement calms gastrointestinal upset caused by stress, overeating, and toxins. It helps soothe the bowel, prevent gas, and stimulate stomach secretions, aiding overall digestion and nutrient absorption.
DIGEST & CLEANSE AT A GLANCE
* Includes Peppermint and Caraway essential oils, which have been used for centuries to ease occasional digestive discomfort
* Formulated with Lemon essential oil, which has been used as a traditional method to stimulate digestion
* Supports digestion with Fennel, Anise, and Ginger essential oils, known for digestive support
* Supports overall digestive health
* Helps cleanse and support the body's natural digestive processes
Each gel capsule contains Fennel, Anise, and Ginger essential oils to support digestion; Peppermint and Caraway essential oils, which help ease digestive discomfort; and Lemon essential oil, which helps to stimulate digestion. These ingredients work together to support your overall digestive health, soothe inflammation and upset in the digestive tract, and improve absorption of nutrients.
Peppermint essential oil, Caraway essential oil, Lemon essential oil, Ginger essential oil, Fennel essential oil, Anise essential oil, Virgin coconut oil, Fractionated coconut oil, Gelatin, Glycerin
* Take 1 softgel 1–3 times daily with water 30–60 minutes prior to meals.
Learn more about Digest & Cleanse and other Young Living supplements in the Supplement Field Guide (https://growinghealthyhomes.com/supplementfieldguide/)!